Do you have a toxic relationship with productivity? I do. Toxic productivity can basically be summed up as:
- Struggling to be alone with yourself when not completing a task.
- Feeling guilty when you take breaks or take a day off.
- Comparing yourself to others based on productivity.
- Feeling a sense of restlessness during moments of stillness, play, or other things you may label in your head as “non-productive.”
- Attaching feelings of self worth to producing, creating, or working in some way.
Listen to this week’s episode to hear about what I have learned about toxic productivity and how it relates to my life and this podcast. I also announce that I am taking a podcasting break in an attempt to answer the question: Who am I when I’m not creating, doing or producing something.
Check out the book’s I mentioned in today’s episode on audible and get a free audiobook download here: audibletrial.com/careermom
Check out my course on Listenable! Have a Career and Be a Good Mom: How to Redefine Working Motherhood The first 7 days of a listenable subscription is free so listen to my course (only 46 minutes) in those 7 days and then cancel - I won’t tell anyone ;)
Sign up for Listenable.io
Join the Career Mom conversation on Instagram @careermompodcast
Music Credit: Campfire by Scandinavianz: soundcloud.com/scandinavianz