Today’s Career Mom Conversation breaks down the 5 mindset changes that I made in order to complete a 21 day workout challenge. I had been struggling to make time to exercise for over an year and COVID wasn’t helping. I had started and stopped the same challenge twice already, but the third time I really changed my outlook on why I was starting the challenge again. And guess what? I stuck with it and I’m now moving my body for 30 minutes a day almost every day! Here are the 5 things the 21 day challenge did for me:
1. It changed my “Why” - I was using it to kickstart a larger habit vs. losing weight.
2. It provided a clear time, 21 days, to commit to making that habit change.
3. t eliminated decision fatigue. I followed 21 Day Fix workouts so all I had to do was push play.
4. It helped me find what truly motivates me (and it’s not the number on the scale).
5. It helped me see the magic in the 10-minute rule.
I also think my success was due to my improved mental capacity of recent months, check out this Career Mom Conversation on the topic. Listen to the episode and learn why I think you need to have mental capacity available FIRST before committing to a challenge like this.
Join the Career Mom conversation on Instagram @careermompodcast
Join the Career Mom Facebook group Career Mom Facebook Group
If you have a story or topic you want to share contact Jenny by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for a free 30 day trial of Audible. audibletrial.com/CareerMom
Music Credit: Campfire by Scandinavianz: soundcloud.com/scandinavianz